Horizon Nuclear Power – facts and figures
- CEO – Duncan Hawthorne, joined in 2016
- Established in 2009 as a joint venture between E.ON and RWE, npower acquired by Hitachi in 2012.
- Created to help meet the need for new, secure low carbon power by providing at least 5.8GW of capacity to the UK - enough to power around 11 million homes.
- Headquarters in Gloucester, England.
- Office at site on the Isle of Anglesey.
- Horizon Nuclear Power owns two nuclear development sites – Wylfa Newydd (the primary site) on the Isle of Anglesey and Oldbury-on-Severn in South Gloucestershire.
- Hitachi-GE’s Advanced Boiling Water Reactors (ABWRs) are tried and tested and have already been built to time and budget in Japan four times over.
- Approximately 330 employees at HQ including temporary contractors and graduates. 65 based at site including 33 apprentices
Copies of the Wylfa Newydd CGI are available on request. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org